Zoning & Building

Larry C. Frace Inspections, LLC
1025 Alliance Park Drive
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
(570) 993-4098

Zoning Fees for 2021:

Zoning Hearing Board Fee    $800.00

Appeal of Zoning Hearing Board Finding $800.00

Zoning Permits:

  • $25.00 for the first $5,000 value of the structure
  • $15.00 for the second $5,000 value of the structure
  • Then $5.00 per each $1,000 over
  •  Driveway Permit  $125.00
  • Driveway Reconstruction  $75.00
  • Well Permit $75.00
  • Ordinance Book  $36.00
  • Political Signs $0.00


Residential New Construction:
$.35 per Sq. Ft. Living Space
$.21 per Sq. Ft. Garage/Deck/Storage/Unfinished Areas/Pole Buildings
Example A: A 1.000 sq. ft. home, one story, with a full unfinished basement, 2 car
garage (attached) 520 sq. ft. and a deck 120 sq. ft.

  • 1000 sq. fl. X $.35 ~ $350.00
  • 1000 sq. ft. (basement) X $.21 = $210.00
  • 520 sq. ft. (garage)X$.21 = $109.20
  • 120 sq. ft. (deck)X$.21 = $ 2520


Residential Electric Service Inspections – $125.00 (Required by PPL)
Residential Swimming Pool- $100.00 (above ground); $250 (in-ground pool)
Residential Day Care (existing building) $150.00 (State Mandated Inspection)
Residential Alterations & Additions – $75.00 per inspection visit
Specialized Inspections:
(A) Will be billed at $75.00 per visit, $65.00 per man-hou.r
For office time
(B) Accessibility inspection for new construction – $225.00,
includes plan review (in existing buildings)

Modular Homes with Basements – $500.00

Mobile Home on Pad – $300.00

Permit Fee includes all inspections necessary as deemed by Code Official. Fee
includes plan reviews (Residential). Includes all BCO work and issuance of permits.

ALL permits subject to a $4.00 state training fee.

See PDF here.

 Main Township Zoning ExceptionsSee PDF here


Commercial New Construction
$1.25/sq. ft.
Example B: 1000 sq. ft. commercial building

  • 1000 sq. ft. X$1.25 =; $1,250.00

Commercial Inspections
$.75/sq. ft. (accessory commercial buildings/existing buildings)

Example C:  1000 sq. ft. storage building for box store (ex: Walmart)

  • 1000 sq.ft- X $.75 = $750.00

State Inspection for Certificate of Continued Occupancy $150.00

Permit Fee includes all inspections necessary as deemed by the code official. Fee
does not include pmn reviews. (Commercial)

All permits subject to a $4.00 state training fee.


A Building Permit is required for any individual who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of any building, or erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace and electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system regulated by the Uniform Construction Code.

An emergency repair or replacement of equipment may be made without first applying for a permit, but an individual must submit an application to the building code official within three (3) business days of such a repair.

A building permit is NOT required for the following residential construction repair or replacements. if the work does not violate a law or ordinance:

  • Fences that are less than six (6) feet high.
  • Retaining walls less than four (4) feet high, unless the wall is used for structural bearing.
  • Water tanks less than 5,000 gallons that are supported directly upon grade.
  • Sidewalks and driveways that are 30 inches or less above grade and not placed over a basement or story below it.
  • Exterior or interior painting, papering, tiling, carpeting, flooring, cabinets, counter tops and similar finish work.
  • Prefabricated swimming pools that are less than twenty-four (24) inches deep.
  • Window awnings that are supported by an exterior wall and do not project more than 54 inches from the wall.
  • Replacement windows and doors that do NOT require any framing alteration.
  • Replacement of existing roofing materials if less than 25% of total roof area is replaced in any twelve (12) month period.
  • Replacement of existing siding.
  • Repair or replacement of any part of a porch or stoop which does NOT structurally support a roof located above it, and not 30 inches from ground level.
  • Installation of additional roll or batt insulation.
  • Replacement of exterior rainwater gutters and leaders.
  • Installation of an uncovered deck where the floor of the deck is thirty (30) inches or less above grade.

Exempt Minor Electrical Work:

  • Replacement of lamps or the connection of approved portable electrical equipment to approved permanently installed receptacles.
  • Replacement of installed electrically operated equipment such as doorbells, communication systems and motor operated device.
  • Installation, alteration or rearrangement of communication wiring.
  • Replacement of dishwashers.
  • Replacement of kitchen range hoods.
  • Installation of battery powered smoke detectors.

Exempt Gas Work:

  • Portable heating, cooking or clothes drying appliances.
  • Replacement of a minor part that does not alter approval of or make equipment unsafe.
  • A portable fuel cell appliance that is not connected to a fixed piping system and is not interconnected to a power grid.

Exempt Mechanical Work or Equipment:

  • A portable heating appliance.
  • Portable ventilation appliance or cooling unit.
  • Steam, hot or chilled water piping within heating or cooling equipment
  • Minor part replacement that does not make equipment unsafe.
  • Self contained refrigeration systems that contain 10 lbs. or less of refrigerant or are put into action by motors or not more than 1 horsepower.
  • Portable evaporative cooler.
  • A portable fuel cell appliance that is not connected to a fixed piping system and is not interconnected to a power grid.

Exempt Plumbing Work:

  • Replacement of bib valves if the replacement valves are provided with an approved vacuum breaker.
  • Refinishing of existing fixtures.
  • Repair of leaks and clearance of stoppages.
  • Replacement of faucets, traps, water closets, lavatories, kitchen sinks, domestic clothes washers and dishwashers and valves other than shower or combination shower/bath valves.

Exempt Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning Work:

  • Replacement of motors, pumps and fans of the same capacity.
  • Repair and replacement of heating, supply and return piping and radiation elements which do not require rearrangement of the piping system.
  • Repair and replacement of air conditioning equipment and systems, control devices for heating and air conditional equipment and ductwork.
  • Replacement of kitchen range hoods.
  • Replacement of clothes dryers, stoves or ovens provided that there is no change in fuel type, location or electrical requirements.

The following are not ordinary repairs and DO require a UCC permit:

  • Cutting away a wall, partition or portion of a wall.
  • The removal or cutting of any structural beam or load bearing support
  • The removal or change of any required means of egress, or rearrangement of parts of a structure affecting the egress requirements.
  • The addition to, alteration of, replacement of any standpipe, water supply, sewer, drainage, drain leader, gas, soil, waste, vent or similar piping, electric wiring or mechanical device, unless it is listed in the exclusions above.

General UCC Exemptions:
Existing buildings, detached uninhabitable accessory structures under 1,000 square feet, carports, greenhouses and historical buildings.

See PDF here.